Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Business Catalyst--cobble together a test environment

Liking Business Catalyst up to now when I need to actually implement a client site. Although I knew before that the backup process was questionable, it's not until the prospect of having a live site without a stable test environment that forced me to try to create one.

Here's what I'm trying:

- I've created another site in the "Partner Portal" (Admin area, top menu, Partner Portal) and defined it to Dreamweaver as a "test server";

- I've loaded a Dreamweaver backup (regular FTP backups from say Filezilla don't work--the .dwt issue again);

- The Content Holders (Admin area, top menu, Admin) do not seem to active (not sure why, they did upload to the test site and are showing in the _System folder--perhaps because they are .html not .dwt?), so I'm placing their contents directly in the .dwt templates and deleting the Holders themelves--less to worry about when I need to recreate.

No comments:

Post a Comment